Wednesday, December 22, 2010

In Case We Missed You...Merry Christmas!




Christmas came a little early for our family this year, or at least that’s what it felt like. On November 18, 2010 at 4:08 pm, we welcomed our baby girl into the world. Finley has brought so much joy into our home. Don’t get me wrong, three kids is chaotic. Scott and I took the boys to Southern California this summer and we went to the beach and Legoland. We had no stroller, no diaper bag and that was when we realized that life as we knew it was really going to change. We haven’t been out much as a new family of five, but let’s just say that our outings require so much preparation and packing that our trip this summer seemed like a breeze. And we wouldn’t change it for the world!

What I can tell you about Miss Finley is that she has long arms, legs, fingers and VERY big feet, big eyes, brown hair and the cutest little mouth. She had a bit of a difficult time in her first 24 hours of life maintaining healthy oxygen and blood sugar levels, but is now doing fabulously! She is loved so much by her brothers, Mommy and Daddy. She is the best Christmas present ever!

Asher (4) has had quite the year, with a lot of “firsts.” He started preschool in the fall. He is learning so much and he is very proud that he can write his own name. He also played soccer for the first time this year…well, I don’t know if he “played” so much as took his shirt off, laid on the grass and asked his coach when it was time for treats. Not the finest display of athleticism, but highly entertaining. Asher loves his sunbeam class at church and he is just becoming so grown up. He is such a funny kid – still as stubborn as ever, but he is learning the joy of making people laugh. He talks non-stop and loves to tell stories.

Taz (7) stared the first grade this year and with that all day school, and the French Duel Immersion Program. What that means is that he is taught the first half of the day at school in French and the second half of the day in English. He is learning so much and Scott and I are amazed when he reads to us in French. It is a lot of fun. Taz still loves sports. He played his first season of “real” baseball this year, and is currently playing basketball. He loves it! Taz is growing up so fast and my wild little boy has turned into a happy, caring (and still silly) big boy! He would like to wish you all a Joyeux Noel!

Scott is in his 12th year of teaching at Copper Hills High School. He loves teaching his students about our government and how it works. He coached football again this year, and even though it was a tough season he was happy to be among friends on the coaching staff. He is still the JV head coach and Quarterback Coach. Between teaching, coaching, driver ed., he is at Copper Hills quite a bit. He still serves as First Counselor in the Bishopric, so as you can see, he is busy as ever! Among everything else, he has still managed to find time to help me with cooking, cleaning and all that it requires to keep our house running. What would l do without him?

As for me, I spent the bulk of my year anticipating and preparing for the arrival of our new baby (along with taking care of the boys, laundry, cleaning, homework and all the other “Mom” stuff). As soon as we found out that she was indeed a “she,” I got to work making hair accessories, bracelets and decorating her nursery. Since she has been born, I spend my days changing her, dressing her, feeding her and snuggling her (along with taking care of the boys, laundry, cleaning, homework and all the other “Mom” stuff). I try to include the boys as much as possible and they are such good big brothers and helpers.

I knew that Finley would have her Daddy (and brothers) wrapped around her tiny finger, but I had no idea of how she would capture my heart. As I look down at her in my arms, I can’t help but think of the love of our Heavenly Father. I can’t imagine how difficult it must have been for Him to send his Son to the world as a tiny baby, knowing that one day He would become the Savior of the World. It makes me realize how much he must love each and every one of us, to give us the wonderful gift of the Savior, Jesus Christ. I am grateful for this amazing gift and for the Christmas season where we can reflect on the beginning of it all here on earth.

We hope that your homes and hearts are filled with love today and always.
Love,
Scott, Missy, Taz, Asher & Finley

No comments: