I had a funny thought...
It's not that I like my kids being sick or anything, actually I hate it when they are sick.
However, I feel like when my kids are sick, it brings out the best Mom in me. Nothing else matters.
I will sit and hold them and kiss their forehead and watch movies all day. Or maybe play games.
Whatever makes them feel better, I will do it.
And there is ABSOLUTELY NO GUILT! No "the house needs to be cleaned" or "I need to run an errand" or "it's time to start dinner." None of that.
I am 100% focused on being a Mom. I am 100% focused on every word that comes out of their mouth. And it feels really great.
So, the next time you have kids that are sick (as long as it is not nightmarishly sick!), maybe count it as a small blessing. Because if you are like me, you do your best "Mom work" when they need you the most. And if you are like me, you are too hard on yourself too much of the time for the kind of Mom you are (or aren't). It's a blessing to see the natural instincts that Heavenly Father has given you kick into gear. It helps you to see the person you have the potential to be.
At least, that's what it does for me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think one of the best parts of pregnancy is the same...I don't feel guilty for cuddling on the couch for an hour in the mornings watching cartoons, because it's good for the baby, right? Everybody says to take it easy, so I'm taking it easy while LOVING the time with Kyle.
I agree, sometimes sick is the best time together. - Tami
great thought, and I agree I am the best mom when the kids are sick, and I need to look at that as a blessing.
Post a Comment