Monday, May 11, 2009

Can You Guess...

Can you guess what Scott calls me from the following story?

I must preface by filling you in on the fact that Taz often comments on how many more kids our family needs. The number ranges anywhere from six more kids (enough to fill up the rest of the chairs at our table and all of our barstools, of coarse!) and one hundred. Tonight was one of these occasions. I don't remember how the conversation began, but it ended something like this:

Me: So Taz, when you're a dad (see previous post), how many kids will you have?

Taz: One hundred.

Me: Wow. That's a lot of kids. What kind of a job are you going to have so that you can feed all of them?

Taz: I'm going to be a Scientist...actually I think I will have only thirteen kids.

Me: You'll need a pretty big house for all of your kids.

Taz: I think I will buy a trailor for some of them to sleep in.

Me: I think you would be pretty scared if I made you sleep in a trailor. So, what if your kids get scared.

Taz: I will have my "Honey" sleep out there with them - ya know, the mom.

I was laughing so hard. About three months ago Taz informed me that when you get married, your wife is your "Honey." I don't mind being Scott's "Honey," and I hope he likes being mine. And let's face it, we got a great story out of it!

3 comments:

Mike and Timette said...

CUTE, I love that. My Honey can sleep out there. :)

The Luker Family said...

When I'm on the phone with Nate, Rossi always asks if he can talk to "Babe"!!

Mac and Dixie said...

Thats funny! McKay and I use "Honey" also...our siblings tease us because they say that sometimes the tone we use when we say "Honey" doesn't always sound like a term of endearment. I use it so often, I sometimes forget what McKay's real name is!!