Sunday, August 16, 2009

But Call Me Asher...

Yesterday we went to I think our 10th wedding of the summer. No joke, I think I need to take out a loan for all of the gifts! Just kidding. It's great to join with our friends in celebrating the beginning of their new lives together. My mom had picked Taz up earlier in the day, and so later on, Scott, Asher and I drove out to Stansbury Park (that's where the reception was). Sometimes when Taz is not in the car, Asher is so quiet, to the point that it is easy for me to forget he is there. At the risk of emabarrassing myself, I tell the following story:

Scott and I had been kind of flirty yesterday. When we get in these moods, I always say to him (in a sugary sweet voice and batting my eyes), "Do you love me?" He always responds with something like, "You would think after eight years and two kids..." or, "That's a weird question..." but yesterday he said to me,"of coarse I love you. Why do you always ask me that." Anyway, later when we were on our way to the wedding, we were listening to the radio and holding hands and I had one of my, "Do you love me," moments, but instead of asking it, I decided instead that I would tell him:

Missy: "I love you, sexy man."

Asher (from the back seat): "Fanks, mom. I wuv you, too. But, call me Asher, okay?"

Scott and I were dying! We were laughing so hard that tears were coming out of our eyes. I had totally forgotton that Ash was there, or at least awake. I guess it could have been a lot worse, though.

Later on when we had me up with Taz and my mom at the wedding, we saw the bride and groom cut the cake and Taz informed everyone that when he gets married, he is going to shove cake all the way up the bride's nose. Watch out, girls...

He also said that when he gets married, he is going to have a DJ and do the "chicken dance."

The highlight of Taz's night was that he caught the garter. My mom told me that he had talked all day about hoping he caught the garter. He wanted to take it to church today and show his class, but I hid it.

We have been to WAY too many weddings this summer...

No comments: