Last year, I had big plans to make Asher a "Thomas the Train" cake. When I started having nightmares about it, I decided to just buy one instead. This year I made his cake. I let him choose out of many simple cakes, and he wanted a train cake. The funny thing is that I even showed him the elaborate and over-the-top "Thomas" cakes. Apparently the nightmares from last year were for nothing...
This was probably the first year that he LOVED opening his presents. We all had to be patient and let him do it in typical Asher fashion - all by himself.
I really try to make sure that my kids are polite. In the spirit of this and also to make the present opening last a little bit longer, I made Asher say "Thank You" and hug each person who gave him a gift after he had opened it. After a few gifts he started just sort of bowing and saying "Thank you, thank you." It was so dang cute. I wish I a video of it! These ones are from the morning and I guess they will do.
One of his favorite things he got for his birthday is the green shirt that he is wearing (green is his favorite color). He has already worn it like three times this week!
Happy Birthday, "Asher da Guy" - this is what he refers to himself as (his full name is Asher Guy...cute, right?). I love you so much!
Thank you to all of our friends and family who made his birthday so special!

No comments:
Post a Comment