Thursday, July 8, 2010

We Are Having A Baby...

GIRL! I can't believe it! Somebody pinch me, please! We found out today that we are having a healthy baby girl. She will be joining our family on Thanksgiving Day (November 25th...but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if it were a little sooner!). We took our boys to the Ultrasound with us, and they were so funny. From the beginning, they kept saying, "We hope it's a girl! We hope it's a girl." And because I am the Mom, I kept reminding them that we will love it even if it's a boy and we just want it to be healthy. However, when they confirmed it was indeed a girl, I started to cry and the smile has not left my face since! Asher thought the pictures looked like a baby polar bear. Hmmmm... Now that we know it's a girl, he is coming up with all sorts of names for her - Dari was the first and Eloise was the second. I don't think he will be in charge of naming the baby.

After the appointment was over, we went to lunch with my Mom. Then I did what any Mommy who just found out she was having a girl would do - I sent the boys home with Scott and my Mom and I went shopping for the rest of the afternoon! I think I was dancing through the stores. I have held back from the joys of shopping in the pink and purple sections of stores for so long and I have to say...IT WAS SO FUN!!! Although, I couldn't help but look at the cute boy stuff, too. Weird, I know, but it's what I have trained my brain to do.

I am so grateful for this new baby girl and so happy that she has two big brothers, who are as excited as I am for her to join our family, to always be her protectors. Okay, so I am totally crying...again. I'll blame it on the hormones!

I asked Scott if this means that I wont be his princess anymore. He told me I never was. He said that I am the queen and will never have to give up that title. I love him!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you guys! Bring on the drama!!

Jamie said...

Congrats! I hope I am that excited if I get a girl (I want another boy to be buddies with my first one!) I am due Jan 11! How are you feeling?

Ranae and Matt said...

Oh Melissa, I am so excited for you. I love having 2 boys and then a girl I think its the best. You will love it.!!! I am so excited for you

Unknown said...

So happy for you! Congratulations, I'm sure you will have tons of fun with a new baby in the house!