Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Pep Talk
Since school began last week, a few of my neighbors and I have been walking our kids to school. Taz and our little neighbor girl ride their scooters and Asher walks. On the way home today, Asher insisted on riding one of the scooters home. This wouldn't be such a bad thing, except that we live on a hill and the school is down from us (which equals an uphill ride the entire way). He was a little slow and I was trying to be patient. I kept admiring his determination to ride the scooter all the way home. The kid just would not quit! I kept offering to carry the scooter so that he could walk the rest of the way, but he wouldn't cave. At one point he stopped and I thought that he was finally ready to throw in the towel. Not so. He paused, sort of closed his eyes and said (to himself), "You can do dis...you can do dis." CUTEST. PEP TALK. EVER!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
love it!! thanks for sharing.
darling!! thanks for sharing
Post a Comment