Usually I try to emphasize choices when we go to the zoo, "The carousel or the train? The train or the bird show?" Since today was a special day, they go to do it all!
In fact, usually we don't even attempt the bird show, because the thought of having my boys there by myself and not being able to leave and hawks and eagles and doves flying over our heads, quite frankly overwhelms me. But we had our Dad with us today and that makes everything much less overwhelming (and faster, too. I swear he walks like 10 miles per hour!). Taz and Asher's favorite part of the show was "Poco":
We got home just in time for the boys to take a nap and then it was PARTY TIME! Asher loves "Thomas," and so that was what the party was themed around. I spent HOURS on the Internet researching cakes (I have this thing with birthday cakes. I think I need to make them for my kids and I think they need to be WONDERFUL!), and shopping for pans. I had this vision of this wonderful train cake, complete with Thomas's face, box cars, and train tracks. To make a long story short, I couldn't ever find the pan I needed and it was too late to order it online. After I literally had a nightmare of Asher having no birthday cake because my train cake didn't work out, I decided to take the easy route and buy one from Walmart. I didn't make it, but it was still cute and Asher still LOVED IT and I am still a good mom...
Mostly Asher got a lot of Thomas presents for his birthday. A few of us (three to be exact) had the same idea that a train conductors had would be cute for the party. Even though Asher could only wear one, I am glad that we have multiple. They come in handy when friends come over to play "Thomas."
The party was fun. We had it in our backyard (YAY for BACKYARDS!) with lots of family and a few friends there to help us celebrate.
Okay, so now that I have reenacted the day, those feelings (you know the ones I am talking about) are creeping into my mind. Asher is so big and independent now. It makes me a little sad, but I love to see him learning and growing every day. We like to call him, "Monkey see, monkey do," because he always tries to keep up with Taz and copy everything he does.
Happy birthday, Asho! I love you!

5 comments:
Happy Birthday Asher! Can't believe he's two, it seems like you were just preg with him (probably not for you)! Anyways, I also love the hat he's sporting. And by the way, I am SO NOT good at everything, but you're sweet to say so!
LOVE the cake. You are ABSOLUTELY a good mom. A great one. I got a cake with Cinderella's carriage on it once and I still remember the warm fuzzies I felt.
I know they grow up way too fast! He is so super cute. Just enjoy every moment you have with them!
wow, I can't believe Asher is already two! If I had a boy I would LOVE the train theme...but as it is we ONLY do princesses!:0) Cute, cute cake and Asher doesn't care if it's a Walmart cake!
How cute Missy. Yea, I am a slow blogger too. Funny that Asher had a Thomas birthday too!! Ky is obsessed with Thomas these days. Hope all is well and am looking forward to seeing you this friday.
Post a Comment