Friday, October 3, 2008

Park City



Scott and I celebrated our 7th (yes 7th!) Anniversary on the 27th of September. I knew when I married Scott that it was a tricky day. That's what happens when you marry a football coach...in the middle of football season...and also right around parent/teacher conference. Actually, that last one ended up being a great blessing. Not the parent/teacher conference part, but the fact that because of parent/teacher conference Scott got Friday off, and I actually got to spend my anniversary (THE WHOLE DAY!!) with him and for the first time we got to GO somewhere. This is a HUGE deal for us (no kidding, I spent my first anniversary at the movie "Sweet Home Alabama" with my mom...gotta love those Friday Night Lights!). We took advantage of the weekend off and high-tailed it to Park City.

We decided that our kids needed some fun as well, and so we took them with us for a night. We began at the zoo, then had hot fudge sundaes and french fries at McDonald's (YUM!). When we go to our condo, they were SO EXCITED that this was our new home for the night and we were going to sleep there! We opted to go mini golfing before we took the kids swimming, because mom is a lot more fun in the pool when she is not trying to keep her hair dry and styled! Before I move on, I must comment on the lame, lame, LAME mini golf coarse in Park City. $6 per person and it was literally falling apart! It was like the trailer park of mini golf coarses! I think it was even portable. Scott and I laughed about it, and the kids had fun so I shouldn't complain too much. Asher was so funny! He insisted on swinging the club (which was WAY too heavy) all the way around his head and if we tried to help him, he would scream, "DON HEP ME!!!!" Don't know where he gets that from...His control freak "I CAN DO IT MYSELF" mother, perhaps? Anyway, swimming was great (except for the part when Asher jumped into the pool...all by himself...with no one to catch him...luckily Scott was VERY close by. YIKES!

On Saturday, we rode the Alpine Slide twice (cha-ching). The best part was that on the second go-round, Asher fell asleep on the ride up the mountain, and try as we migh we couldn't wake him up. He slept the ENTIRE way down the mountain, while riding on my lap down the slide. And it's not like I was going slow! He was just THAT tired. It was HILARIOUS!




After the two rides on the Alpine Slide, Taz decided that he wanted to try the Alpine Coaster. It was FAST and slightly scary, even for me...




Asher couldn't go on the coaster, so he settled for the merry-go-round (which was of the same calibur as the mini golf coarse).


After that Grandma Wiggle and Grandma Fossil took the boys home for the night. Scott and I had fun. We ate some awesome chinese food, went swimming, watched about 45 minutes of "Dan in Real Life," (PS - we LOVE "Dan"), and got to sleep in. It was awesome. We decided that we are going to make a tradition of this mini get-away. But I think next time our kids will stay both nights. It's funny how much we missed them. Espicially me. It's good for me to have those feelings. It reminds me why I am here.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

That seriously sounds like so much FUN! It's making me plot a little excursion to Park City with the kids...though probably not until next year.

MARIE said...

Asher even looks tired in that picture of all of you in the cart. haha! Great pictures. Happy Anniversary.