Thursday, October 8, 2009

Conversation

Tonight we went to Taz's school so that they could teach up about the new math program they are implementing. It's called "Singapore Math," and I think it sounds very cool. We were on our way home and we were talking about numbers when Taz said,

"Okay, I am going to ask you guys a question and whoever gets the answer first gets to give the other person a wedgie..."

I though we would DIE laughing! Needless to say, there was no "wedgie" given, the reason being - I won, but I knew better than to claim my prize on Scott. He would get me back, only it would be much, MUCH worse. He has the size factor on me. I am no physical match, so I must rely on my brains...which is why I won in the first place!

3 comments:

Gwen said...

That is so funny! Kids come up with the best stuff!

Rich and Nichole said...

Sorry-- I'm a stocker.. Had to tell you, we do the same math at the school. It's a piece of cake for the kids but just you wait-- its a different world for the parents. Call Chantelle and I when you start doing number "sentences"-- they make you feel like you can't do first grade math. High note-- I love the program. My boys are so much better at math then either Rich or I were at their ages.

Chantelle said...

I was just going to tell you how great Singapore math is... but Nichole beat me to it!!! Jayden's in 2nd grade and already EASILY doing problems like 862-679!

(You should get your boys to give scott the wedgie...he couldn't me too mean back to them, right?!)