Asher really did not want to go to bed last night.
First attempt:
"Mommy, I need a drink."
I caved and let him come into the kitchen, filled him a sippy cup with water and sent him to bed.
Second attempt:
"Mommy I need go potty."
I threw back my head and rolled my eyes, but let him go. Who wants to clean bedding because they didn't let their three-year-old go potty? Not me! When I gave him the go-ahead, he put on a mischevious grin and did a little jump-kick-dance thing (almost like he was thinking "I got her again"), but he did go potty and I sent him to bed.
Third attempt:
This time he said nothing, he just came out of his bedroom with his pajama shirt in his hand.
Me: "Asher, why did you take off your shirt?"
Asher: "Because I'm sorry."
Me: "Okay, but WHY did you take off your shirt?"
Ash: (again) "Because I'm sorry."
I was a little preoccupied at the moment, so I told him to go and have Daddy put his shirt back on. Again, the smile and jump...
I got to hand it to him - he is quite resourceful. Taz never took off his jammies as a means to delay his bedtime. Man, are we in touble...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh my goodness...Rebekah used to say the exact same thing.
"Because I'm sorry."
So cute.
Post a Comment