Today we took the boys sledding. There was about six inches of powder and it was GREAT! We really had a blast. Asher even brought home some souvineers...five to be exact. About half way through our sledding excursion, we started making snowballs. The boys had a hard time with this, because the snow was so fluffy. At one point, Asher came up to me with a huge snowball. He threw it at me, and I soon realized that it was not a snowball, but a chunk of ice. I told him that he couldn't throw it at anyone anymore, and so instead he just carried it around for the rest of the day...and said it was called a "heaviest fing (heaviest thing)." He even named it "Percy."
After sledding for an hour or so, Scott and I decided that our tailbones had had enough - we are getting old, I know. Taz insisted that he wanted to go six more times down the hill - he chose six because that is his age. Asher and I headed back to the car. On the way back his toe hit something in the snow. He looked down and with delight, let me know that he had found another "heaviest fing." He picked it up, and named it "James." This happened three more times on the way to the car, where we found "heaviest fings," which Asher appropriately named "Thomas," "Topham Hat," and "Spencer." By the time we reached our destination, we had the entire island of Sodor with us. He would have picked up more, but that's all we could carry. Asher insisted that we load them into the car, take them home and put them "where da vechables grow in da backyard." I talked him into putting them in the front yard with the snowmen. He agreed...
We had such a good time sledding, and Asher was glad to bring a few friends home with him. The kid kills me! He has such an imagination. Who knew that for Christmas a few blocks of ice would have made him happy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I wish we had some snow so I could take the kids sledding. It sounds like you had a lot of fun.
That's so funny that he named all of them!
Cute! Glad to see you blogging again! :-)
Post a Comment