Friday, September 16, 2011

What Brings Me Joy

You are probably going to think that this is silly, but it brings me a whole lot of joy. What is it, you ask? My garden. It is not the best garden. We are still learning, but each year it gets better and better. Yesterday I "harvested" one large carrot, about ten green beans, and three cucumbers. I brought them inside, cleaned them, and me and the boys had a little "feast." These were not our first veggies of the year, nor will they be the last. Still...I was so excited about them. There is just something really gratifying when you put work into something and then get to partake in the "fruits" (or vegetables!) of your labor. Simple joys, I tell ya.

Speaking of simple joys, perhaps the greatest place that I find them is within my family. Like the other day when we were at the football game and Asher said to me, "Mom, I fink those girls over there like me." I said, "What makes you think that, Ash?"

Asher: "Because girls like cute boys..."

Made me laugh.

A friend of mine posted this quote that I just fell in love with:



What can bring more joy than reading something like that? Perhaps...living it. I think I'll give it a try!

No comments: