Sunday, July 20, 2008

Simplify

You know how when you're a craft store or whatever they have signs all over that you can buy for your walls that say, "SIMPLIFY." I used to look at those signs and be like, "I don't get it...Simplify WHAT?" Even though I didn't understand what they meant, apparently there were many others who did. They all over in people's houses, and I would think, "Am I missing something? I still don't get it!" I had one of those all too familiar "AHA!" moments after I had Asher. Life just seemed so crazy, with way too much going on. Suddenly I understood what those signs meant. They were calling to me to "SIMPLIFY" EVERYTHING!!! That's not always an easy thing to do, though, or at least for me. I feel like I do great for a while, keeping things simple and properly prioritized, and then I get all caught up in everything and get all crazy again. Lovely cycle. Today in church there was a great talk about..well, I don't really know what the theme of it was. I only heard about half of it due to my kids (and that is a whole other story!), but the part I did get really made me think. Why do I do what I do? Does it matter? Am I doing it just because I can afford it or so I can look good to others? Or is it to bless my family and those around me? To me it was just one of those friendly reminders from Heavenly Father to improve on the good things and that it's time, once again, to weed out all the things that really don't matter. Once again, it's time to SIMPLIFY...

1 comment:

The Luker Family said...

Oh my gosh!! I have been totally thinking about all that lately! No wonder we're best friends.