Wednesday, July 16, 2008

They Would Be Friends

As many of you know, Scott and I are listening to Harry Potter on CD. It's really fun. Scott has always had an interest in reading the books, but as he put it, "If I have extra time to read, it's going to be the scriptures"...how's that for a guilt trip? Not my point, though - back to my story. The other day we were listening to the "Goblet of Fire" (which I am LOVING! Seriously, I have forgotten how excellent these books really are..again, not my point...) and Scott suddenly turns it off. He looks at me and says, "Harry Potter would totally kick that Edward guys' butt in a fight." I just looked at him, a little baffled by the statement. I thought about it for a minute. I never thought I would have to pin my beloved Edward up against my beloved Harry. Then I said to him, "No, Harry would not kick Edward's butt, because they would be friends and on the same side. They are both for the good and neither one is an antagonist. They would NEVER fight against each other, unless one turned bad, in the which case I would choose the good one." A GREAT argument, I thought. He, however, wanted to continue to point out the reasons that Harry would win (he has a wand, magic is so strong, Edward would have no chance). I fought for Edward a little (he's SO fast and SO strong and it's REALLY hard to kill a vampire!), only to show Scott that they are evenly matched, but that it wouldn't matter anyway because THEY WOULD BE FRIENDS!!!!! I was getting more and more flustered with this conversation, and about to give in, when suddenly a thought came to me. I looked at Scott slyly and said, "Harry Potter would totally kick Luke Skywalker's butt in a fight..." He looked at me and said, "Now that's SO different! The FORCE is like magic. It's practically the same thing!" HA! I touched a nerve! I just kept arguing with him, not because I care, but because I wanted him to know what it felt like to have to choose between two characters that you love. I don't really think Harry would win, because he and Luke Skywalker would probably be friends, too. They would all three be friends and fight the forces of evil together.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Lance says, "In a fight between Harry and Edward or Luke Skywalker...the winner would be Chuck Norris, end of discussion! In case you didn't know, Giraffe's were created when Chuck Norris uppercut a horse. So there!"

Sheri said...

Ha-ha! I LOVE it! Best argument ever! I'm liking your reasoning. I think I'll stick with you rather than try to pair up two characters that I also love.

Faasuamanu and Melinda Toilolo said...

OK so I am supposed to be working and taking all these seriouse calls and I am laughing my head off.. But I am with you they would be friends for sure..

Brye said...

Miss- Are you sure? I think Jacob and Harry would be better friends than Edward. Edward is much more of a selfish person than Harry is. There's an idea for a book though.

Faasuamanu and Melinda Toilolo said...

BTW I was checking out my MSN homepage after reading your blog the other day and there under most popular searches there was actual stories compairing Harry and Edward.. just like you said..

Jen said...

I would have liked to be a fly on your wall during that whole conversation! What a fun husband!