So, I'm not sure why I'm like this, but I have a hard time keeping things simple. I can't just decorate my kids' bikes, I also have to decorate their helmets and their hats. I' like this with their Halloween costumes and their birthday cakes and I sort of hate that I'm like that. My mom totally encourages it, too. She's always bringing me magazines with crazy ideas. She's no help to my mentalness.
This idea came from family fun:
Taz loved it. He thought it looked like a firework coming out of his head. Most people thought he looked like an alien...
I'm not sure that Taz will ever learn to ride a bike really well. Living on a hill makes it so we don't ride all that often. Someone suggest the church parking lot and I think we might try it. All I know it that I pretty much had to push him up all of the hills during the parade, and when he went down any thing that remotely looked like a hill, he kept slamming on his brakes and making skids with his tires on the sidewalk. I think after a while he just did it to see how big of a skid he could make.
You totally can't tell by this picture, because it is pretty dang cute, but Asher was such a CRAB on this day. Boy, he is so stubborn! When he does not want to be in a good mood, there is ABSOLUTELY no changing his mind. He totally gets that from his dad...And, yes, that balloon is attached to the button on top of his hat. Actually, I left it on for a few days. It was great any time you are in public with a lot of people...at the park...at the zoo...at the store...You can seriously spot your child in like one second. I highly recommend it.
Parades are kind of a weird thing, if you think about it, but tradition is tradition. Hopefully my kids will remember these little things and how much fun they had (except for Asher on this day).

4 comments:
Going all out on parade days just makes us average moms look bad. So don't be embarrassed about it! I would call streamers on the handle bars a stretch for me....maybe you can be the Fourth of July cheerleader float chair woman next year! I would put your awesome skills to work!
I love the helmets!!! I can't believe how big your boys are getting, they are so cute!
I just can't get over how cute and grown-up your boys are! I can't wait for Taz and Alexa to go out on their first date :0)
How fun!! Taz is growing up so fast. Can you believe that almost 6 years ago you and I were running and I told you I was pregnant with STockton...man time flies. I miss living right across from you. We created some great memories!!
Post a Comment