Many of you who know us know that our fourth of July tradition is to visit Scott's brother Bartt and his family in Idaho falls. WE LOVE IT! Idaho Falls is great. Any of you who have not been there should really visit sometime. One of my favorite things to do there is go running by the falls and the temple. It is beautiful. We really don't do a whole lot while we are there (I should re-phrase that because Scott went golfing a lot), but it is so fun and relaxing and the Idaho Falls chapter of Scott's fam are so fun! We spent Tuesday through Saturday there the week of the fourth and had a great time. Here are a few pictures from the zoo.
Everyone was making fun of me because I like to make Taz sort of pose in pictures. I just like them to look nice...gosh...
Apparently Asher thought the flat, wooden, painted lion was real...
This is Asher's wingspan compared to that of a "Great Horned Owl" (that cute girl holding him is his cousin Brinah. Sorry guys, she's taken)...
These are all the kids that were with us (L-R): Taz (and no, I did NOT tell him to pose like that...serves me right, though), Asher, Brinah, Jennica, Ally and Maky...
There were these ducks that kept walking by us and Asher INSISTED on chasing them. I thought they would all die of heart attacks. Poor ducks...
I'm pretty sure that the animals from these last two pictures managed to make it home with me...
And, of course, the my kids were fascinated with the drinking fountain that is shaped like a lion's head. What's a trip to the zoo without one?...
And then there were the REAL animals. They were pretty active that day. Some of them so much so that we had to cover our kids eyes and move along to the next exhibit, but we won't get into that. YIKES! There was this lion that was just pacing back and forth by the edge of it's cage where just a few fenced away there were some workers building a bird exhibit. Some of them looked like they would have made a mighty filling dinner for that lion. And then there was the above pictured tiger (can you believe how close we were to it?!) We were all watching the tiger and commenting on how close it was to us, when it decided to roar. I turned to find Taz to see what he thought of it and he was gone. Bartt and Scott took off to find him. They had just rounded a corner and there he was, with tears in his eyes. They asked him why he ran away and he said, trying to fight his tears, "I don't like that lion." I know it was a tiger, but keep in mind that he calls it a lion: (Mind you this video was taken after he was able to collect himself)
After the zoo, we played at what the girls call the "SQUISHY PARK." It's really cool. It's outdoor and the ground is all squishy. The best part is that it is 100% handicapped accessible. It's AWESOME. We didn't play too long, though, because it was so darn HOT!
In case you didn't know, Asher LOVES slides, and he is totally FEARLESS whs it comes to them...
This boat was kind of like a giant teeter-totter...
And this would be Scott trying to show how strong he is by taking on the boat...
When this picture was taken, I was helping Asher on yet another slide. It is one in a series of pictures and I am guessing that it was taken by Scott, trying to annoy Brinah. Am I right, Brin?...
I'm not quite sure what this is called, but it was this cup that you sat in and it spun really fast and then you got dizzy. Fun, right? I didn't try it. Spinning is one thing that will put me out of commission. Scott tried it, and he was SOOOO dizzy that he had to sit and collect himself for like five minutes. CLASSIC!
It even mad Maky dizzy, but hey, at least she was still smiling!...
This next section is from the Fourth of July. Each year when we go to Idaho, Roxanna's (Bartt's fabulous wife) parents are kind enough to let us come to their home in Menan (I think that's how you spell it...) and spend the day with them and all of their extended family. We go to the little home-town parade there, where they throw TONS of candy, they feed us lunch, and best of all, they treat us like we are part of the family.
This is Scott and Asher walking to the parade with their candy sacks. Too CUTE!...
Here we are, anxiously awaiting the arrival of the first tractor...
Asher was in HEAVEN with all the candy being thrown. I was a wreck, espically he ran out and got a little too close to the wheels!...
Is it any suprise that Taz would dance to the music whenever anyone went by playing a song?...
This is PRICELESS. The cute little girl here with Asher is Kambree. She is Roxanna's brother's granddaughter. Did you get that. Technically not a relative. Hmmmm...Time to plot a future marriage...Seriously, is this not adorable?...
That night we went to the famous Idaho Falls fireworks (at least we think they are famous). It is really an incredible show. My kids loved it. I think Taz's favorite part was the glow-sticks that his cousin, Josh (he's also from SLC), shared with him. He love pretending that they were swords or light sabers. Pretty much anything that you can fight with. Ahhhh...boys...
Our last day there, we went to the park to catch "skippers." I don't really know what they are. They kind of look like a spider that crawls on the top of the water. Gross. Anyway, we caught a few and the I.F. crew took them home and put them in their pond. Did they survive?
It was such a great week. Scott got to golf, and actually sleep in! Mostly he got a nice, and much needed mental break, and I got to see some of my favorite people. I go way back with them. They introduced me to Scott, but that's a story for another day. I married into this family almost seven years ago, but it feels like I've been a part of them forever. We love you guys, and miss you!

No comments:
Post a Comment