Sunday, July 27, 2008

Uncle Brandon

For those who have not met the newest addition to our family (that would be Uncle Brandon), boy are you in for a treat. He married into our family almost a year ago when he and sister #3, Haylee, tied the knot. He is...interesting to say the least. He is a body builder, and he loves to flex and pose. For example, about a month ago we all went to my mom's house to do a bit of yard work. Brandon went a little crazy with the shovel (he broke a sprinkler pipe and dug up a bunch of tulips), but still managed to keep things light:

See that quad? That's money, baby!

He also likes to play with my kids, especially Asher. In this picture he is wearing Asher's froggy blanket and leaping across the room like some kind of wild animal and making my kids laugh hysterically! Those big quads are great for jumping!

Did I mention that my kids (especially Asher) absolutely adore him and can't get enough of his craziness?

And finally, there was yesterday. Let's just say that he will stop at nothing for a laugh...


When he came upstairs in this dress, I laughed so hard that I had tears. Just when you think he can't do anything more wacky, he will prove you wrong. He always has funny comebacks like,

Me: Brandon, will you pass me the ranch dressing?

Brandon: You're ranch dressing.

That's sort of his response to everything "You're (whatever the last thing you said)." He definitely makes our family...well...again, interesting. My all time favorite part about him, though, is how he treats my sister. He loves her so much and is so good to her. Without a doubt, he is her perfect match. I have loved seeing their relationship grow over the past year plus. On September 10th they will hit their one year anniversary and what a better way to celebrate than to go through the temple? I love seeing Brandon get so excited about taking my little sis to the temple. She deserves someone who wants to be with her forever. We love you Brandon, and we don't know what we would do without you! I think our lives would be a lot more dull. And Brandon, just so you know -- Once you go through the temple, no more spaghetti straps and high slits in your dresses!

P.S. Happy Birthday! I hope you like your Ensign subscription!

1 comment:

The Luker Family said...

i love it! that's too funny. i love people like brandon. too bad we're both married. hehehehe