We went to dinner at Applebee's, where people kept saying things like, "Team Edward? What's team Edward?" and "Are you guys a softball team or something?" My favorite, however, was the guy who worked there that every time one of us would walk by him, he'd say, "WOOO! Go team Edward!" RIIIIIIIIIIGHT... Seriously, where have these people been, hiding under rocks? Oh, wait...it is Tooele...and I can say that because I'm from there!
After dinner we went to the party in the parking lot of "Latter Day Book" (I know, "BIG TIME", right?). It was pretty fun. They had some contests in which we participated. The first being that weird game where you pass the apple under your chin...AWKWARD and SO HARD! We didn't win, but we did win the group T-shirt contest! Our prizes were earrings. Mine were little forks (get it "forks?"). Other people got apples, wolfs, motorcycles, topaz (Bella's favorite). I'll probably never wear them. Hanging silverware from my ears is not really my thing, but they did make me laugh!
The party was fun, but mostly we didn't participate in the festivities. The DJ was pretty annoying and was wearing this weird oriental shirt and sunglasses (mind you it was nearing midnight). I think the shirt was his "special occasion shirt" or something. I didn't get it. We got sidetracked from all of that stuff anyway, because we saw an "Edward Jones" sign on the building and took a bunch of pictures in front of it (blocking out the "Jones" part, of coarse.
Someone also had the idea that we act like vampires. We're weird, I know...
This was totally the best, though. Keara and I got the idea to pretend that she was running with me on her back. We were laughing so hard that I fell off about three times before we could get the picture!
We're nerds, I know, but we had a blast! And now for the best part of the story. I didn't get a book reserved in tome, so I went to the party with NO BOOK waiting for me. Sad, right? (Is it more sad that I didn't have a book or that I drove all the way to Tooele to go to a party and didn't have a book? You choose). Anyway, I asked them when I got there if they happened to have extras and they, of coarse said "No," so I thought maybe we'd stop at Walmart on the way home and pick one up. A lady overheard us talking about it and she said that you had to have a ribbon to get a book at Walmart and she had one that she wouldn't be using. Lucky day for me! So I had my ribbon and my pals had there wrist bands (I kept trying to tie the ribbon around my wrist so that I wouldn't feel left out, but my wrists were too big!). It was about eleven and we decided we were thirsty. We walked into Macey's, which was right next door, and bought a drink. While the cashier was ringing me up, I decided to ask if they would by chance be putting out any copies of "Breaking Dawn" at midnight. She said, "I don't know a thing about it. I just got here." I decided that just on the off chance that they would have some books, I would look for someone else there who might know. I stood at customer service for a couple of minutes, but no one was there, so I decided to walk around the store. As I walked by that same cashier, she whispered, "Psst! Ma'am?" I walked over to her and she said, "I will have two copies of the book here, at this register, at midnight." I was shocked! I said, "Will you hold one for me?" And she look at me with big eyes and said, "I WILL HAVE TWO COPIES!" I ran to the parking lot and told my friends and they were all excited for me. At about 11:50, I went back to Macey's and formed my own line for copies of "Breaking Dawn." I moved up to the register at 11:58, and by then everyone else in line knew why I was there. They did a ten second countdown for me, and I purchased the book at midnight EXACTLY! I ran out to the parking lot at the book store, waving my book it the air, and I think people thought I was crazy! A few people who realized what was going on wanted to touch my book, and had me read them the back, the inside sleeve and the prologue. About three minutes after I was there with my book, the first purchaser from the book store came out with hers. Everyone cheered, but I didn't care. I had my book, and I was happy.
I've since read the book, but I wont give you my opinion on it, for the sake of those who are not finished. I HATE spoilers! I will say the before this book, I was 100% team Edward. I wanted Jacob to be GONE. This is the first book where I really connected with Jacob. About half way through, I decided that he's not so bad.
We were wild, we were crazy, we were nerdy, but is was so fun. It's fun to not be an adult for a minute. Keara and I have shared so many off the wall times together since we became friends in third grade. New Kids on the Block concert, EFY, Dress Up (You know what I'm talking about, Keara!), Country Dancing at USU. She's a great friend and I love her to death!

3 comments:
Fun!!! I'm a little jealous. :) I think it's so crazy how much this book series has stirred up. But, I love them! Here's to Girls Nights!!!
You wild woman! That sounds like it was so much fun. Sometimes I miss my crazy side that seems to get burried by all the responsibilities of motherhood. I really need to get out for a super fun girl's night like that and let loose again.
I love your shirts! I'm sure you saw ours! We had the same comments...who is Edward? People live under rocks in West Jordan too!
Post a Comment