Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Secret Life of Missy

I have a secret...

It is something that has plagued me for as long as I can remember...

Actually, I shouldn't say "plagued," because it's something I LOVE. That's why it's a problem...

Or an OBSESSION...

I may as well say it, because in like nine days it's going to come BUSTING out, full throttle, anyway...

Here goes...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!! Christmas Music, to be specific. And, yes, I am one of those annoying people that starts listening to it the day after Halloweem, and I CAN'T WAIT. In fact, I started to put my playlist together and I have so many songs on it and I have to say, I LOVE Harry Connick Jr. The new playlist will probably not be unveiled until Nov. 2nd or so, since my little sis is getting married on the first.

I'm not so into the commericial aspect of the holiday. I don't go crazy on gifts for my kids and family or anything like that. I just love the good feelings, good food, good friends that the holidays tend to bring around. I think I am kind of a idealist and that's why I love the idea of Christmas so much. I love to see people being a little more kind, a little more charitable, a little more greatful and a little more Christlike. It give me hope for a better world. Having said that, I hope that those of you Scrooges out there will stay home, do you shopping online and not spoil it for the rest of us!

I was in Roberts yesterday and they were putting up Christmas Trees. When we got in the car, I started singing "Jingle Bells," and the boys soon joined in. Later that evening, we were on our way to Taz's baseball game, and Asher started singing, "Jingo bes, jingo bes, jingo ah da way." Scott, looked at me, sighed and said, "Have you been listening to Christmas Music?" Alas, my husband knows me well, though he was a little off. I told him no...not listening, but singing. He smiled and rolled his eyes. What can I say? He loves me.

Which brings me to my next and final point. I think that the holidays are so special to me (setting the obvious reasons aside) because that's when I really fell in love with Scott. We had dated since the end of July, then I went away to school. When I came home for the holiday break, everything was different. Things changed between us and it's never been the same. It's been BETTER! What can I say, "It Must Have Been the Mistletoe..." (one of my favorites!)

5 comments:

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

Hey, I am there with you. I have already been looking at all the Christmas stuff in the store and singing to myself and getting really excited. Glad to see I am not the only one.

Kari said...

I can't wait. If Heaven is anything like Christmas when we are all together....I am so in!!
BTW when I first started reading I expected it to be about HSM 3.

Sheri said...

Hooray for Christmas!!

Kelli said...

How cute!! I totally remember you loving Christmas. We need to make dinity this year. I am craving it so bad right now!!

Jamie said...

don't worry, on the first snowfall my husband had the christmas music blarring. You are not the only one!