Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Boys Will Be Boys...Or At Least Mine Will

Seriously, are any of your kids as off the wall as mine? Another day, another "Are you kidding me?!?" story from our family. Today I was in cleaning my house and I could hear my boys laughing and having fun and I thought to myself, "It is so nice to see (or in this case hear) them playing nicely together and not fighting." I decided not to disturb the getting-alongness. Bad judgment on my part...bad, BAD judgement. I have learned today the extreme laughing from your children can be just as bad as silence (and we ALL know our kids are up to something when they are being too quiet!). Soon both of my kids came running into the room where I was and Taz's hair was soaking wet. I asked him how his hair got so wet. I was thinking I already knew the answer. You see, my kids have had a spitting problem that has been magnified lately (thank you, Bartt) and not too long ago Asher's hair was all wet from Taz spitting on it. Gross, I know. Today, this was not the case. Even though I thought it might be, Taz's hair was much too wet. As I looked at Taz with my most questioningly stern "mommy look," he smiled at me sheepishly and said, "It's from the toilet." It was only then that I notice that Asher's arm was wet all the way up to his shoulder. Honestly, I can't quite put into words the shock I went into. I think I was almost catatonic for a minute. Before I knew it, though, I was flinging off clothes, sanitizing my kids in the bathtub and trying to get across to Taz that he had been sloshing around in poop water...at least I think that's what I was referring to it as. WHY ARE MY KIDS SO CRAZY? Why is it that I always have some off the wall story about something my kids did? Why are they being so quiet...

P.S. There is no picture of the incident included for obvious reasons.

7 comments:

Tammy Anderson said...

I laughted at reading this, but I know it wasn't a laughing moment for you at the time. It is so good to hear that my girls aren't the only ones doing crazy stuff like this! I do have to say the hair is a new one for me. Usually Ava just puts her whole arm in or tries to put a toy in. It does give me more incentive to keep the toilets always cleaner.

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

You have me laughing so hard here. I love it. That just makes me crack up. Wish there was a picture. Just kidding.

Sheri said...

Hee-hee! I can laugh, because its not my kids. Toilet "fun" is the worst! If only they knew how disgusting...ugh!

Heidi said...

I love that you also have "are you kidding me?" moments because I find myself saying that ALL the time! Just remember that with every exposure our kids have to the germs, the better their immune systems will be right??? P.S. Did you see the "lemons in your diet coke" story on the news this morning? GROSS

Anonymous said...

Bartt has been seriously repremanded! What a funny experience!

HeRoosSheRoos said...

Your boys are so darn cute and funny! I love that they are a little bit michevious-it makes them "real" boys.

Ranae and Matt said...

I love that story. Today Trey cut Ethan's hair. So I know how you feel.