WE go our sod on Tuesday afternoon, and I am proud to say that Scott and I did the front yard pretty much by ourselves. The one of our wonderful neighbors came along (YAY, Tanya!) and helped out. By the time the Bishop got to our house we only had a couple of pallets left, but he worked like a madman! He was so fast and it was good timing for the rest of us, because by that time we were pretty much out of gas. Seeing someone else work so hard helped us scrape up the last amount of energy we had. A few more people showed up, but by that time we were done.
I am so greatful for all the good friends that we have. Seriously, what would we do in this world without friends. Tuesday was a big milestone for us, because not only did we get our grass, but we also celebrated our first year in our house. One year, one yard and many good friends later, it finally feels like home.
Our boys have had such a good time with the grass. Taz said, Mom, we can do all the sports on our new grass! We can do gold, and soccer, and baseball, and football, and GOLF!" It was so cute. Mostly when we are outside, all they want to do is RUN!
These are a few pictures that are proof that we want our family and friends to com over:
Asher playing with Uncle Brandon...
Asher playing with Daddy...
Taz...RUNNING some more! We actually had our first BBQ in our yard last night. We had Haylee and Brandon, and Jeff and Grandma Shorty. It was great. Everyday my kids beg to go out on the grass. I'm sure that one day we will be tired of mowing it and the novelty will wear off, but right now it feels GREAT!

9 comments:
We would have helped, but it looks great!! Can't wait for you to have us over. :)
Oh, I so remember the excitement of finally getting our grass. Isn't it the best?!
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!! Now we can come over to play in the sprinklers! We're ready, just let us know.
It looks so GREAT!! It does feel nice to have a nice yard. I jealous that we missed the BBQ:(. Cant wait to see in IRL next month!
yay! Grass is exciting & it looks great! Let the yard work begin!
I love your grass. Your yard looks great and you did an awesome job. I am glad to see you so excited about it. I remember when we got ours and I just wanted to lay on it all night.
No, I just haven't been around a computer lately. My mind is seriously going wacko!! I am so glad you got your sod in!! We need to have a barbecue!!
#2 what's up!!!! HA HA...was checking out our blog and saw a link to yours...thought I would give you a little crap....nice to see you have grass!!!! Tell Scott hello
Johnny
Where are you? we miss your posts, it's been too long!
Post a Comment