Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Runnin' in a Rainstorm

Today I headed out for my run and it was a little cloudy, but nothing that looked too threatening. The route I run is an out and back route. It was a little cool and breezy, but all in all great running weather. I felt a few rain drops during the first 75% of my run, but it wasn't until I was a mile and a half from home that the rain really began to fall. And it fell and fell and fell, harder and harder and harder. By the time I got home, I was FREEZING and looked like a drown rat. It reminded me of a time about 7 years ago, when I was going to school at Utah State. I went running with my friend Leah (do you remember this story, Leah?) and it started to rain pretty hard. Besides the cold and wet factor, running in the rain is not too bad. There are a lot worse things - like wind or hail. This particular day when I was running with Leah and it started raining so hard, was one of those "worse things" days. Yep, it started hailing. I don't know the size of the hail or anything, but it was pelting us pretty hard, to the point that we crouched down next to a bush in some random person's front yard! Luckily a friend of Leah's came by and rescued us, or I don't know what we would have done! Today wasn't as bad as that, but running in a rainstorm to the point that your clothes, hair and anything else associated with you is soaked, is not a whole lot of fun. It made me run faster, though.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh...you were out running this morning?? You are my new hero. Someday I'm hoping to be in good enough shape to do the same. Right now I can barely make it 15 minutes on a treadmill. Good for you!

Alana said...

I envy your dedication... If the sky even shows signs of rain, game over. I go back to bed!