...is that RED is see?
Ladies and gentlemen, introducing the world's tiniest strawberries -
By the way, that is Taz's hand holding the strawberries. Our first strawberry harvest produced four teeny tiny strawberries. I have no idea what I did wrong to make them so tiny. I swear the plants I bought said "JUMBO." Oh, well. We made a big deal out of our harvest and tried to make it fun for the kids. We picked the strawberries, took them inside, washed them and ate them.
They actually weren't too bad. At least they tasted like strawberries. Remember earlier when I talked about being more self-sufficient? Perhaps I'll save that goal for next year. I think that if we relied on ourselves and our lack of experience to grow our food...we would starve...or maybe I'd finally lose that 10 lbs...hmmmmmm

3 comments:
What cute little berries! I can't wait to get a garden.
I tried strawberries too and they say your first season they aren't very big. But they will get bigger. Good job!
I love strawberries. The people before us had planted raspberries and strawberries. I loved it. I have made so much homeade jam with my fruit. Yum yum yum
Post a Comment