Last night we took the boys to the Drive In. We've been waiting all summer for two kid-friendly movies to be playing and we were really excited because it was "Ice Age 3" & "Night at the Museum 2." We got there about thirty minutes early and found us a nice spot to park. Anyone who is familiar with drive in's knows that you park in between two 3 foot poles. There is enough room for two cars to park there, but on nights like last night when it is not too crowded, most people park only one car in between the poles. That's what we did. It's nice to have space, ya know? Like when you go into a public bathroom. If it is not crowded, you choose a stall that is not next to another person. It's courteous and... I don't know, just better.
We parked our car near the pole on the left of us, and then set up some camp chairs on the right. Five minutes before the show started, a van pulled in right behind our camp chairs. At first I thought they were just turning around, because there is NO WAY in a not too crowded drive in that someone would have the nerve to squeeze in so close to our car that we can't even open our door and so close to our camp chairs that we can feel the heat from their engine. There's just NO WAY... or is there? Apparently there IS, and that SOMEONE seriously pulled in basically on top of us and parked, then pulled out their own camp chairs and made themselves at home. I really don't get people. There was no "Do you mind if we park here?" They didn't even look into our faces. And that wasn't even the worst part. There car had some sort of dysfunction that any time they opened the door, there hazard lights flashed for ten seconds. I know that it was ten seconds, because they did it about a dozen times per movie.
So, picture this: Scott refused to move our camp chairs and make room for them - we were there first. It was a matter of principle! There car was so close to him, that he could have rested his head on it, and there lights kept flashing at him. I think I could see the steam coming out of his ears, and I was actually really glad that he kept his cool. I, on the other hand was about to lose it, and stayed in the car so I didn't blow my top.
I kept thinking that I really do try and be a nice person and give people the benefit of the doubt, but when did it become socially acceptable to be so inconsiderate? And does a person really have to put up with it so they don't look like a jerk? I don't know the answer. What I do know is that we managed to have fun with our boys even though rude people put a damper on things and I also know that I secretly kept hoping that they would leave after the first show. It didn't happen...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ughhhh, people drive me crazy!!!
Post a Comment