Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Temple



This is my Temple. I say that it is my Temple because of the attachment I feel when I think of it. We have had the great opportunity of participating in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House, and I can honestly say that is has been amazing. I feel special whenever I am in ANY Temple, but there is something about this building that makes me so excited and I know that great things are going to come about because of it. Last week, we took the boys. They were so good and happy to be there. They know that Scott and I have been there a lot this summer and they were anxious to see what was so special about it. I am so greatful that we were able to take them there. It really was a great teaching moment.

This is inside the tent before the introduction film. The boys really liked the fact that they had cups and a cooler full of water. They liked it a little too much...

Asher said that his favorite part was the "Baptize Water." Taz liked the cookies. I don't blame him. They were good!



All three of the boys were interested in the fountain. I think it is a boy thing.



We tried to take some pictures in the front of the Temple, but it was very bright. If you look closely, you can see the boys squinting and covering there eyes.



What a beautiful day. What a beautiful building. Scott and I have spent many hours here in the parking lot and cleaning and serving cookies. I will miss it, but I can't wait until this Temple is dedicated so that I can serve in a different way. Next week is the final week of the Open House. If you haven't had a chance to go, you really should. It is open to anyone who would like to go. For a reservation, visit www.lds.org.

1 comment:

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

I love your pictures. You are such a handsome family. I am so excited for when this Temple gets dedicated.