Sunday, July 12, 2009

Reunion

I always knew that I would go to my class reunion. Why not? It's fun to reconnect with people and see them as adults. Weird...but fun. Also, I have come to the conclusion that people look better and better with age. Maybe I'm just saying that because I am getting closer and closer to a very significant age milestone. But in all seriousness, I think when we are in highschool we try a little too hard to follow the crowd and be trendy. As we get older, we sort of come into our own, forget what everyone else is doing and just be...well, ourselves. You get it?


Missy - 1999

Okay, so maybe I didn't "follow the crowd." Seriously! White eyeliner and a Hawiian print...I don't know...vest. It wasn't cool even then. Back then I sometimes did exactly the opposite of what the crowd was doing just to prove I wasn't a follower. In my age and wisdom (HA!) I have learned that it is fine to do what is popular as long as you feel in your heart that it is right. I am so much more comfortable with myself now and just being me, and that is a beautiful thing.

PS - As crazy as this picture is, it was the first picture Scott ever saw of me and he claims is the reason that he called. That's a pretty big deal, considering...

Some things haven't changed. Keara and I are still friends and CRAZY as ever...






We had a little too much fun with the photographer!


I love when I can bring out the CRAZY in Scott.

Really it was such a fun night. I got to see some friends I hadn't seen in a long time, and after the like fiftieth person asked me if I was on facebook, I caved and joined for the sake of staying connected.


Really I don't feel all that much older, just better!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Aw... high school Missy is so cute!! But not as cute as 20-something-year-old Missy! (Enjoy that age, it won't be around forever, not that I would know! *sniff*) I love the group picture of you and Scott. Ok, I love all the pictures! So much fun!

Emily K. said...

Super cute pictures! Why didn't my class reunion do that?
Glad you joined FB and are back to blogging.