
Can turn into this...

Actually that is not the jam that I made. My containers weren't quite as cute. Perhaps someday when I have perfected my jam-making-skills and I am sharing my gift with the world...or at least the neighborhood...
Anyhow, 10 cups of chopped apricots and 14 cups of sugar later and viola!
Not too shabby for my first attempt at making jam. It actually was easier than I thought it would be. Even though my friend had said it would be, I expected that it wouldn't. I think that I underestimate my abilities sometimes and I get really nervous and so when people tell me that something is easy, I expect that it will still be hard for me. I need to have faith in myself. I MADE JAM! I can do ANYTHING. Okay, maybe not anything, but I must say that I feel so domestic! And I'm kind of impressed with myself... Especially considering that while I was pitting and chopping the apricots, a huge spider cam crawling out from the bottom of the box. I got it with the vacuum cleaner, though. Taz said that watching it gave him a heart attack. Me, too. Is that bad?
Maybe tomorrow I will bake bread...

2 comments:
You're amazing!!!!
look how domestic you are! I expect some homemade bread and jam brought to work on Monday! haha
Post a Comment