Thursday, May 29, 2008

Come Fly With Me

We had such a fun primary activity last Saturday. The kids got to go on a mock airplane flight, complete with snack and beverage cart(I don't think they even do that on real airplanes anymore!), then they got to visit Argentina, Australia, Finland, Japan, Canada and Mexico. Each room had someone who served a mission there telling the kids all about the different countries, their customs, etc. They had a boarding pass that they had stamped at each "country" they visited.

This is the airplane before all of the kids boarded. Notice the wings...

This is the airplane after all of the kids boarded. That's a lot of kids. I would have sure hated to be on that flight had it been real! Unless maybe it was going to Disneyland...

Taz was really excited to have his cousins Maky and Ally at the activity.


It was seriously fun and well put together. BRAVO PRIMARY PRESIDENCY! I do not envy your job! The best part of the day was when Brother Miller was teaching about Australia. He said that while he was serving his mission there, he learned that the meanest animal in the whole wide world came from Australia. He asked the kids to guess what it is. When no one could guess, he told them it is the Tasmanian Devil! Taz piped up and said, "That's me!!" and everyone laughed. I don't know if I quite agree with it...meanest...not so much...now, if they would have said wildest...

No comments: