Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day - Family, Food, Fun...Pee

Last weekend we were lucky enough to have the Idaho Falls chapter of our family visit us for, you might want to brace yourself for this, THREE DAYS!

(Taz - mine, Bartt, Asher - mine also, Jennica, Brinah, Roxanna, Ally and Maky)
I threw in that middle part, because in the past when they visit, it is usually a quick trip. It was so fun to have them around, even if it was busy! Our weekend went as follows:

They arrived late Friday night. Scott had set up the projector and air mattresses downstairs and so Scott, Bartt and the four littlest kids slept down there and nearly FROZE to death. Next day, primary activity, golf (during which Rox and I stayed home with the little kids and I snuck in a small nap), dinner at Cafe Rio (YUM!), and then a wedding reception. Here's a picture from the reception. It is proof that sometimes my kids get along and like each other.


Sunday Grandma Shorty (this is what we call Scott's mom. All of our grandma's have nicknames...it's a long story) spoke in her sacrament meeting, then I had to hurry back to get to primary, because I was teaching. Luckily Asher fell asleep on the way back and even more lucky was the fact that Brinah came with us and volunteered to hold him during church. That made the dilemma of "do I try and take my attached, screaming toddler to nursery," a much easier choice. Thanks, Brin - By the way, CONGRATS on your graduation! You are so old! So, after church I began making preparations for dinner and missing Scott like crazy. We had invited all of our families, or at least the ones that are around, to dinner, the total being 21 people. I was missing Scott because while I am taking car of the food, he is taking care of the tables, chairs, and such. The Idaho Falls gang was so helpful, but I still would have been much more calm if Scott had been there. Dinner turned out great. They always do, don't they? I feel like I work myself up so much worrying about every possible thing that could go wrong. Inevitably, things do go wrong, it's never perfect, and yet it is great. So, why do I stress so much about the little details? In don't know the answer, but I'm sure it will always be this way.


We hung out the rest of the night, watched some movies, ate, ate, and ate some more. The next morning it was time to pack up and leave. It was a great weekend. The worst part about he whole thing happened after they left...well, actually it was actually kind of during their stay...I think. I'll explain - after they left, I went to clean the bathroom, which I had made sure was clean for their arrival, and I gasped when I found the toilet covered in - yes, I'm going to say it - PEE! And, let's just say that I could tell it was not fresh. While they had been here, I didn't really go into the bathroom do they could have some space. I yelled for Taz and asked him if he had done it (I assumed that it was either him or Bartt...just kidding) and of coarse, he said yes. I asked him when and he said while he was playing with Maky and Ally. I AM SO EMBARRASSED! I seriously HATE pee covered bathrooms. I try to monitor Taz so that I can clean up after his bad aim. Usually he's pretty good. It must have been all of the excitement. All I can say is, sorry guys (if you noticed...and I'm SURE you did). Please come and stay again. I promise no pee!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Holy cow! Don't tell my in-laws that you hosted a dinner of 21 people. They keep wanting to have the monthly family dinner at my house and I keep insisting I can't, using the lame excuses that my house is too small and it's too hard to do with 3 young kids. You are my hero.