Friday, May 9, 2008

These Are a Few Of My Favorite Things (or People, I Should Say)

I look so forward to getting together with my roommates from college. I can't explain why, I just love it. Marie decided that we should start keeping track of how many get-together's we have had, which I think is a FABULOUS idea, so welcome to Roommate Reunion XII! This time it was at Alana's BEAUTIFUL home. It is decorated to the max, and she and her husband are so creative and awesome that it makes you sick. Just kidding. I really was sick that night. It was kind of a bummer, but I still had fun. It could have been worse. I was much more sick later that night or the next day. Back to the party, though!

I seriously LOVE these girls! They are all so great for so many different reasons. We decided to copy Oprah and do a party themed "My Favorite Things." This is a picture of our loot!

Alana brought us all "Pssssst" - which is a dry, spray-on shampoo. I have used it already and it is way cool! She also brought us steel cut oats. Right up my alley! They are delicious!Marie brought us a cute bag from Old Navy. I have already used it and give it a thumbs up. It is GIANT, which is a must-have for all mom's! Sara brought fridge magnets. I love them. The only magnets I had on my fridge were the free ones you get from the pizza guy. They are cute and stylish, and she MADE them. I wish I was crafty. Keara brought us shimmer lotion (LOVE IT! I know what you mean about it making you feel like you skin looks prettier!), shimmer lip gloss (LOVE IT!), and yes, a tampon - "Playtex Sport," which I am sad to say that Taz opened, so I don't get to try. I brought everyone a sponge (don't laugh! It's the best!), "Wet Ones" travel packs, some dark chocolate and earrings. It was MEGA FUN! We have decided to make it a tradition. After food and festivities, Lane decided to teach us one of her new-found talents. We PAINTED. Here are the results:

We talked about swapping around, but everyone wanted Marie's. Isn't it amazing? Where can I place my order?

Keara painted St. Thomas and it looked exactly like...ST. THOMAS! Seriously - amazing!

Lane is an old art pro by now. What a lovely rolling hillside containing a beautiful grove of trees? I told you - sick, right?

Sara's looks EXACTLY like the picture she was trying to copy. Then there was mine...

A big, green, blob of paint. What can I say, I know my limits...It was a great time. And on the way home, we saw Yao Ming. Yea, Keara almost hit him with her car. Just kidding. It would have totally been his fault. He was on his cell phone, walking the streets of downtown SLC, and totally NOT paying attention! What a lovely night!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

[this is Desiree Kuras by the way]

So wonderful to see your sweet little ones!! You look great! ..so artsy-fartsy too :)

I came across your blog when I was looking at Leahs, then Holly, then Alana, then I came to you! SO exciting to see how people are doing these days. What a great way! I too have considered a blog, but me and the hubby are not very interesting, at all. In the mean time I will read yours! HAha!

Please keep in touch [dkuras1@hotmail.com]. I keep telling myself I will make a trip to Utah. So busy, crazy schedule. Thus is life :)

Alana said...

That was so much fun! I really love the earings too! Thanks for coming, I'm already looking forward to the next party, I can't wait! I'm sorry you weren't feeling very good.

Ginger said...

You should wear a blond wig next time. ; ) We want to go play sometime. Maybe West Jordan park?

Emily Norman said...

How fun!! I went to a party like that this past January at an old friend's house and it was a blast. I decided I would have one next year. It'll be...My Favorite Things of 2008. You'll definitely be invited. And, I liked your painting. It looks very modern and I like the colors. Hang it up!

The Luker Family said...

Where can i get me some PSSST?

Missy said...

drugstore.com

Sheri said...

How funny! I kindof found a link trail of people in our ward and came across yours! I didn't know you blogged, I just started myself. Thanks for having us over tonight, we need good friends like you to teach us stuff, like Family Home Evening. Cute blog!
Sheri

Ranae and Matt said...

Your picture is wonderful. That is a fun idea to have a favorite thing party. I will have to do it one of these days.