Friday, May 9, 2008

The Parable of the Spoons

It has been a while, I know! I PROMISED myself that this would not turn into one of those things that I am SUPER motivated about for a while and then I get bored with. Really, we've just been busy. So, here you go - a week's worth of blogging! On Monday night we did a really fun thing for FHE. We read a story called, "The Parable of the Spoons." It's about a man who wants to know the difference between happiness and misery. He is shown two rooms that look the same. There are people sitting around a table that has a large pot of stew in the middle of it. Each person has a long stick attached to their arm with a spoon on the end of it. In the first room, the people are sad and hungry because they can't get the food into their mouths (misery). In the second room they are happy and well fed because they are feeding each other (happiness). The moral - when we forget about our troubles and think of others, we will be made happy. The best part was dessert - chocolate pudding!





Scott was a big cheater, because his arms are too long!

No comments: