Thursday, April 17, 2008

A BEAUTIFUL MESS!

I've really been trying to be dilligent about rotating my food storage, espically my wheat. Although my family is not a "whole wheat" family (that excludes me, I love whole grains!), I try to be tricky and incorporate wheat flour into anything that I can. I like to grind a bunch of wheat at a time, then store it in the freezer. I know it's more healthy to grind it fresh, but it is kind of a pain to get out the grinder, grind the wheat, then clean the grinder. Now, my story. Today is a "wheat grinding day." I have already ground some, but I decided I wanted to finish off the can. I put in the remainder of the wheat, turned on the grinder, then went to check my e-mail. Suddenly, Taz runs in and says, "Mom! That noisy feeng is naking fog all over our kitchen!" I thought, "oh, he is probably just seeing the small amount of dust that the grinder makes (because in the sunlight, you can see it quite well)." I decided to go and check it out anyway. As I round the corner into the kitchen, Taz said, "Look, Mom! Look what a mess!" Then he said, "I know how we can clean it! With our socks!" and he started sliding across the floor!



Seriously, there is white powder everywhere!



Two things I am greatful for today...I am greatful Asher was taking a nap when this all happened. And I am SO greatful for Taz! I am so glad that he came and got me instead of just playing in the mess. He was such a good helper! He totally helped me sweep the floor. I pulled out some diet coke and took a swig. Taz said, "Mom, can I have a drink? We need some diet coke, because we've had a hard day, huh?" It's scary the things your kids repeat!



The moral of this story is, if you are going to grind wheat into flour, make sure that you have the flour compartment pushed in all the way! What a beautiful mess...

2 comments:

Emily K. said...

I'm so glad you took the time to take pictures!! Sorry, but this was halarious! Hope it's all better. Taz IS great.

Emily Norman said...

That is so funny. I love the Diet Coke part. We must be kindred spirits!