Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sleepless Nights

So, since his surgery, Asher is having an extremely difficult time staying asleep at night. Seriously, I feel like I have a newborn again! He is not a really good sleeper anyway. That's partly our fault. We put him in a big boy bed maybe a little too soon. Taz loves it, though, because they share a room and a full-size bed. Taz is our "Staying in Bed Patrol." He is sure to let us know if Asher escapes. Asher's normal average of middle-of-the-night-bed-escapes is two. Since his surgery, it is four. Last night it was (and you might want to brace yourself for this) SEVEN! SEVEN TIMES! I don't think I need to say that I am really tired today. It's so hard to be mad at him, though. I take him back to his bed and he says, "Shong" -translation, "song". And then, "Geeko, geeko" -"Twinkle, twinkle." So, I cave, and I sing, and I go back to bed smiling to myself.

2 comments:

Emily Norman said...

Oh my gosh! I'm sorry, that sounds horrible. I don't do well at all being woken up in the middle of the night. Maybe some Benadryl tonight? Just kidding. (kind of!)

Ginger said...

Like I said I will help you if you need anything. If you need help with Taz or something he can come play with Easton. Seriously.