Friday, April 25, 2008
Goodbye, Mid-Twenties
Today is my birthday. I am now twenty-seven years old, and as my husband so kindly informed me, officially out of my mid-twenties, and in my LATE twenties (thanks, sweetie). It's been kind of a weird feeling. I know I'm not "old," it's just this whole realization that life is not stopping. Pretty soon, I'm not going to be the "young" one with all of mine and Scott's friends...don't know how I feel about that. Just kidding. I've decided to embrace my age. I mean, lots of things get better with age, right? Cheese, cinnamon bears (I like them when they are kind of hard), memories of high school...I am done saying that twenty seven feels old. I am twenty seven, and I am proud to be. I'm a little more "seasoned," I guess. Really, I had a great birthday. I let myself snooze five or six times. Scott kissed me good-bye and wished me a happy birthday. I got to wake up to Asher saying "Bektas" (breakfast). I got to go shopping in Park City with my mom, grandma and my two boys (the boys weren't exactly a joy to shop with, but we had a lot of fun on the drive!). Tonight, however, was the best. I got to go on a date, ALONE, with Scott to my favorite restaurant (Red Lobster - I had crab legs!). I love date nights! They are so fun! I like to call them "Hand Holding Nights." Scott thinks this is funny. I explained to him that "Hand Holding Nights" don't mean that you always have to be holding hands all the time. It's all about the attitude and the way you are treating each other. You're totally focused. I told him that "Hand Holding Nights" are a metaphor meaning "No kids." I love my kids, but it's so fun to have a couple of hours of uninterrupted conversation with Scott. It's doesn't happen often enough and I love it! He also got me a rockin' gift. I have been wanting an air popcorn (I totally just wrote "poopcorn." I'm laughing a little harder than I should about it. That means it's bedtime!)popper. It was a surprise, and I am so excited. If I weren't so full from dinner, I would be hookin' that baby up! We also agreed that I was going to buy a wheat grinder for our food storage for my birthday. You're probably laughing, but you won't be when you need your wheat ground (grinded?!? don't know). We are now having a camp out with Taz, because Asher stayed at my mom's. We are watching "Dan in Real Life," which has become one of mine and Scott's favorite movies. We are also playing play dough and dinosaurs and I am missing it. So now I say goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Happy Birthday. We will cal you in the morning. Don't you already have a wheat grinder ie a beautiful mess??
Happy Birthday Missy! It sounds like you had a fun day. Twenty seven isn't bad. I've been been embracing it for almost a year now. Have a great year!
This is in response to my sister - I am getting a hand held wheat grinder. I already have an electric one!
Happy Birthday! Lane and I always laugh because when we go on dates we suddenly realize we are holding hands, but when our kids are around that just doesn't happen. I like that Dan in Real Live movie too.
Post a Comment