Sunday, April 13, 2008

Walking With Christ

Yesterday we had our stake enrichment activity. I was so tempted not to go! We were working on the yard, and quite frankly, I just didn't feel like it...ever happen to you? I am so glad that my good sense got the best of me. It was AMAZING! The theme was "Walking with Christ." To summarize, there were eight rooms set up - each depicting an aspect of Christ's life (the Nativity, Christ's Ministry, the Last Supper, Gethsemane, Christ's Judgement, The Crucifixion, The Tomb, and the Resurrection). We went in group of about 15 and walked from room to room. Each place was decorated so well, and by the time I was at "The Last Supper" (it all started at the Nativity, though), I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. Those who know me well know that once a single tear leaves my eye, it is a constant flow for at least ten minutes, usually longer. After we went through all of the rooms, we met in the chapel. The Stake Relief Society President spoke to us. Actually, it was more of a discussion. Among a few other things, she read the story found in Mark 6:45-52. It is just after Jesus fed the five thousand. He sends His disciples away, then goes to the mountains to pray. She compared this to us leaving the pre-existance. While Christ is praying, He sees his disciples (they are at sea), "...toiling in rowing; for the wind was contrary unto them." (Mark 6:48). We talked about alot of things, about the next part of the story where Christ is on the water and His disciples don't recognize Him, about how sometimes we fail to reconize His outpouring of blessings and the Spirit in our lives. But the thing that stuck out to me the most was the part I mentioned where Christ sees His disciples struggling and He is in the mountains praying -- FOR THEM, FOR US! I forget sometimes that while I go through this life, and I definitely have my struggles, there is someone who is cheering me on, and does not want me to fail. His love is there for all of us if we will just open our eyes and see it. My goal is to be more mindful of the ways that Jesus Christ blesses my life.

1 comment:

Ranae and Matt said...

Thanks for sharing that. I am a bawl baby to. I cry over everything.I truly feel very blessed. Thanks for reminding me that someone is cheering for me when life gets hard